Identity Access Management Engineer
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Director of Information Security & Identity Management, this role contributes to the Identity and Access Management program at Northeastern University’s global campus system.
You will be responsible for contributing to IAM component designs, IAM service development, service integration, implementation, and operations of university-wide IAM services for all faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, vendors, and University technology partners.
As an IAM engineer you will be knowledgeable and have demonstrable experience with the following: Modern approaches to IAM with Microsoft Azure/AD/SSO, OAuth, OpenID, and SAML; expert knowledge of identity provisioning with IGAs (e.g. Saviynt); Role-based access control. Experience with DevOps/SRE methodologies and background in automation/IaC/GitOps.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position will not be sponsored for a work visa.
The minimum education, experience, and skills required to perform the job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five years of professional IT experience, preferably within the domain areas of Identity and Access Management.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft’s AzureAD/SSO/Active Directory and SAML with a strong focus on access control via RBAC/ABAC.
- Well-versed in the information security issues affecting educational entities and cloud-based application service providers.
- Ability to assess computer systems and business processes for security risks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, including formal report writing experience.
- Experience working in Agile teams with Scrum/Kanban/etc.
- Experience with coding in Python or Groovy to transfer, manipulate identity data, and accomplish process automation.
- Experience with Saviynt’s IGA platform.
- Experience with Grouper and Shibboleth.
- Responsible for technical delivery and integration for authentication, authorization, identity provisioning, and identity governance and administration (IGA) solutions across all University systems, audience types, and applications.
- Without direct supervision, perform tasks required to ensure customer satisfaction and departmental SLA's are achieved.
- Provide Tier 1, 2, and 3 support to customers on the services provided by the department.
- Provide accurate and effective documentation on all issues and problems.
- Provide training and documentation to Tier 1 support and other department team members on emerging issues.
- Responsible for IAM system production support (may require outside of regular hours as needed)
Position TypeInformation Technology
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.