Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Look no further than Veracode!
Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Learn more about us at www.veracode.com!
We are seeking a skilled Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team and play a role in the evolution of the team to a full GitOps model. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in DevOps with a focus on security, experience in managing containerized infrastructures, and a deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, security, and scalability of our software security product by using your expertise in DevOps practices and tooling. You will work closely with our engineering, product, and security teams to develop and implement best practices for building, testing, and deploying applications and microservices.
Key Aspects of Role
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design and implement best-in-class DevOps infrastructure that is secure and scalable.
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure security best practices are followed throughout the development process.
- Support and improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop automated Docker/Kubernetes deployment pipelines to build, test, and deploy microservices to various environments with zero downtime deploys.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for infrastructure management and deployments.
- Implementing AWS resources and tooling with Terraform.
- Document and train developers on DevOps best practices and implementation of security measures.
- Assist in developing and implementing deployment plans.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues related to systems, network, and application.
- Ensure that our systems and processes adhere to industry-standard security practices and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related/relevant field.
- 5+ years working in DevOps
- Knowledge of cloud deployment tools and methodologies (ideally Terraform, but will consider AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with deploying and upgrading applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- Proficient in DevOps tools and practices such as CI/CD, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible.
- Proficiency with Repository AND Pipeline related tools (examples: GitLab, GIT - Jenkins, Github, Bamboo).
- Successful experience supporting a Cloud production environment (Strongly prefer AWS).
- Competency in one or more programming languages to create automation.
- Must have deep understanding of Kubernetes and Docker architecture and associated tools.
- Experience with at least one configuration management solution (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS CodeDeploy).
- Communicate effectively, written and verbal to a range of audiences.
- Needs to have an Agile mindset
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Istio Service Mesh
- Experience with Ansible Tower
- Creating Data Migration Service pipelines, and RDS migrations.
- Used AWS Code Deploy or Spinnaker as a CD tool.
In accordance with U.S. pay transparency laws, Veracode provides compensation transparency for roles based in the United States. Click here to view our compensation ranges by grade. Please note, specific compensation may be influenced by various factors including candidates experience, education, and work location.
Job Grade: Senior
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?