Staff Security Engineer - Identity Threats & IAM Defense
Who we are looking for:
Global Cybersecurity (GCS) protects State Street and its clients from the impact of cyber-attacks against systems by understanding the risks these attacks present and mitigating them through a robust, continuously evolving, cybersecurity program and control environment.
Cyber Architecture & Engineering (Cyber A&E) is one of five functions that make up GCS. Cyber A&E designs, architects, deploys, and continually enhances security measures for the protection of State Street’s information related to its assets and customers.
This Vice President will sit in the Global Identity & Access Management (GIAM) sub-function in Cyber A&E. This role will lead the efforts to establish a robust Identity & Access Management role management framework and has a broad range of responsibilities within Identity & Access Management and RBAC. Other responsibility areas are listed below.
What you will be responsible for:
- Implement and configure identity and access management solutions as per the architect's design and supported by security engineering.
- Hands-on integration of IAM services with existing corporate and cloud-based systems.
- Perform routine maintenance, monitoring, and support for IAM solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory management and operations.
- Skilled in managing user accounts, groups, and permissions.
- Hands-on experience in working with AD in both on-premises and hybrid environments, including Azure AD (Microsoft Entra ID).
- Experience with on-prem Active Directory consolidation and object cleanup.
- Proficiency in managing Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Entra ID)., including user provisioning and access management.
- Experience in setting up and managing AD Connect and implementing MFA.
- Experience with Azure identity protection and conditional access policies.
- Experience in configuring and managing AWS IAM users, roles, and access policies.
- Experience with the setup and maintenance of AWS federated access.
- Understanding of best practices for securing AWS IAM configurations.
- Working on Implementation teams to test and implement IAM solutions based on requirements and design documents.
- Troubleshoot and resolve identity and access related issues.
- Assist in the automation of IAM tasks using scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Work closely with IAM architects, IT security teams, and other stakeholders.
- Document the implemented solutions and provide training to end users or IT staff.
- Participate in regular security audits and compliance activities.
- Relevant experience in IAM implementation, especially with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, AWS, and other Cloud providers.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools is advantageous.
- Certifications like Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or AWS Certified Security - Specialty can be beneficial.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Banking/Financial Services industry experience.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CIAM, etc.
- Experience running and reading reports from Bloodhound, Ping Castle, or similar tools.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 10+ years of proven experience
- 8+ years of experience working within Cybersecurity in large financial organizations
- Leading teams of engineers and full stack developers
- Demonstrated experience architecting, designing, and implementing large-scale IAM Systems
- Technology expertise in one of the core programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- Strong communication skills to promote critical wins and new behaviors throughout the team
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- Self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to work and passion for delivering results
- Excellent leadership, team, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$120,000 - $202,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.