Cyber Audit, Assistant Vice President
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Cyber Auditor, Assistance Vice President to join our global cyber audit team. To succeed in this role, you need to have a deep understanding of cyber risks processes, controls, industry standards, and should have a strong knowledge of NIST, MITRE, and Defense in Depth concepts. You will be responsible for working closely with peers for infrastructure, security, and application audit while working with a diverse global team. Collaboration with the banks' cyber security organization is essential. In this role you will join a growing team that is focused on building leading practices, and you will have a functional reporting line to the Vice President of Cyber Audit. The role is located in Boston, US.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Cyber Auditor, Assistance Vice President, you will
- Manage the planning, assessment, testing and reporting phases of cyber audits and cyber focused validation activities.
- Work as part of an international team, collaborating closely with global peers for infrastructure, security, and application and business audit.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of cyber risks, changes in the regulatory environment pertaining cyber, and innovative assurance approaches.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, including the banks' cyber security organization.
- Communicate audit progress, findings and recommendations effectively to senior management.
- Prepare and review audit work papers to ensure compliance with the division’s audit methodology.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience leading and supervising audit projects, preferably within the global financial services industry.
- Proficiency in evaluating cyber risks and testing internal controls while applying risk based testing approaches.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, working independently and developing relationships with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership ability across all levels coupled with effective problem solving, conceptual thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience auditing information security or cyber risk management.
- Audit or assurance experience working in the banking or financial services industry or other regulated industries.
- Expertise in evaluating cyber security risks and the ability to develop and implement effective audit testing strategies with a strong understanding of regulatory compliance requirements for the banking industry.
- Strong knowledge of Cyber and Cloud technologies and tools, Identity and Access Management, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) technologies and cyber operations, and incident and response processes.
- Relevant certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, or CISM are highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$80,000 - $132,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.