Software Engineer - Security
Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We’re looking for a collaborative, experienced software engineer to join our security team to enable our users to make conscious and informed decisions about the vulnerabilities in their code. The team works within the security RnD group, which works to research vulnerabilities, add them to the database with pipelines and tooling specially built for their needs, and curate proprietary data for the vulnerabilities in our database.
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- collaborating with teams across the whole engineering org to integrate security knowledge into our products across the board
- Working across the stack and entire development life cycle to build, test, deploy and support high quality, reliable, fast services for our customers
- talking to our customers, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- enabling users to better prioritize and remediate the vulnerabilities in their code
- continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- growing the other engineers in your team through feedback, mentoring, advice
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
What You’ll Need:
are familiar with distributed/data intensive systems architectural challenges
believe that understanding a task is 80% of the success of a project
prioritize collaboration, pair programming, and code review
work sustainably, quickly and iteratively—through high quality code and continuous delivery
are comfortable working across the stack as part of a cross-functional team
like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
understand the importance of testing and code quality
Appreciate being part of a diverse team
We’d be Lucky if You:
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- have worked in front-end frameworks (vue, react, etc), and love to craft beautiful websites that help to engage users and convert them into loyal customers
- have experience developing in Python/Golang/Java etc. (backend)
- have experience with Kubernetes or another container-based operational environment
- have experience leading and designing projects
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances