Vice President, Cybersecurity Sales Engineering
Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client’s teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are an international hybrid, remote, and in-person company headquartered in Boston's Fort Point in the U.S. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
Why should you choose a career at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
Our core values:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes both all ways
- Operate as Innovators – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
We are looking for:
A dynamic and strategic VP of Sales Engineering to play a pivotal role in SimSpace’s growth and make a significant impact in the industry. As the VP, Sales Engineering you will shape the sales strategy, lead a high-performing SE team, and drive the success of our sales efforts.
What will you be doing as a VP, Sales Engineering at SimSpace?
- Achieve business goals: Partner with the CRO to meet or exceed revenue targets by operating a world-class pre-sales engineering function that optimally secures the technical win and expedites the commercial win for deals in the pipeline.
- Build and operate an A+ SE team: provide leadership and mentorship to build and grow a high-performing team of sales engineers in US, EMEA and APJ.
- Sales strategy and planning: Partner with the CRO to define and execute sales goals, market acquisition strategies, product positioning, pricing, competitive differentiation, etc.
- Domain and product center of excellence: develop the sales engineering team to be the go-to team of SMEs for SimSpace and though-leaders for the industry.
- Buyer technical journey: Collaborate closely with the sales team to participate in the buyer journey owning all technical and solutioning conversations and activities. Develop best-in-class playbooks for all aspects of the technical win including solution introduction, demo, POC, POV, RFP/RFI etc.
- Voice of the Market and Customer: Focal point for product and positioning feedback to Product, Marketing, Leadership and other teams at SimSpace.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: work closely with all teams at SimSpace to design and deliver the beat realizable value propositions to our customers.
- Industry Representation: participate/speak at industry events as SimSpace evangelist and providing market-shaping thought-leadership
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Minimum 5 years of customer-facing experience in Cybersecurity domain
- Minimum 8 years of SE leadership
- Experience building, operating, and growing an international team across EMEA and APJ regions.
- Experience working on enterprise security products within Cloud, SaaS, and on-premises for enterprise companies.
- Excellent technical acumen and business acumen.
- Excellent communications skills – exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent relationship building skills – demonstrated ability to become trusted advisors to peers and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills across technology, people, process, and business.
- Strategic mindset with innate ability to understand, align and deliver business objectives.
- A curious mind with high-energy engagement and passion for continuous learning.
We provide the following:
- Base salary range $225,000-$375,000
- Commission eligible
- Comprehensive benefits package that start on your first day
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Flexible paid time off - the time you need, when you need it
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application!
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SimSpace does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.
Actual compensation for the position is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to affordability, skills, qualifications and experience, and may vary from the range.