Remote Cybersecurity Senior Technical Writer
Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client’s teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person company headquartered in Boston's Fort Point in the U.S. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and UAE. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
Why should you choose a career at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
Our core values:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes both all ways
- Operate as Innovators – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
- We also provide the following:
- Salary Range $80,000-$105,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k with immediate vesting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings
We are looking for: A Senior Technical Writer to support our Product Management department and collaborate with subject matter experts in other departments.
As a Technical Writer you will play a critical role in creating clear, concise, and comprehensive documentation for our software solutions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to gather information and understand the intricacies of our products. Your primary focus will be on producing high-quality technical documentation that enables users to successfully use our platform.
What will you be doing as a Senior Technical Writer at SimSpace? (Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to gain a deep understanding of our software products and features.
- Write and update user guides, release notes, and other technical documentation.
- Organize complex technical information into user-friendly and easy-to-understand content.
- Ensure consistency, clarity, and accuracy of all documentation by following style guides and established standards.
- Work with subject matter experts to review and validate technical content for accuracy and completeness.
- Continuously update documentation to reflect product updates, changes, and enhancements.
- Employ visuals and diagrams to enhance understanding and facilitate the learning process.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle, attending meetings, and gathering information from developers and engineers.
- Proactively seek feedback from users and internal stakeholders to improve documentation quality and usability.
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Senior Technical Writer, you need to have:
- Proven experience as a Technical Writer with a focus in writing clear and concise technical documentation targeted at various user levels.
- Organized, flexible, good communicator ready to take direction, ask questions, learn, and produce.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience proofing draft content originally produced by others.
- Familiarity with version control systems and documentation tools (e.g., Git, Markdown).
- Training or experience in computer networks, cybersecurity, or other IT-related fields.
- Experience with cyber range tools and/or cyber security.
- Experience using industry-specific or standard style guides such as the Microsoft Style Guide, APA, MLA, or Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with video editing a plus.
- Written samples demonstrating ability to author original or proofed material clearly and concisely.
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application!