Remote Cybersecurity Backend Senior Software Engineer
Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client’s teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person company headquartered in Boston's Fort Point in the U.S. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and UAE. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
Why should you choose a career at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
Our core values:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes both all ways
- Operate as Innovators – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
What will you be doing as a Cybersecurity BE Senior Software Engineer at SimSpace?
- Developing and designing core SOA based services for the building & simulating of cybersecurity ranges
- Leading the team through challenging technical projects
- Collaborate with other Engineers, User Experience Designers, and Product Managers
- Help the team improve in culture, coding best practices, and systems architecture
- Supporting and mentoring other engineers
Who you are:
- You feel comfortable leading, driving, and delegating team initiatives
- You enjoy solving complex problems & building solutions through collaborative methods
- You’re always open for feedback, and are willing to give feedback to your colleagues
- You understand that nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement
- You are driven off of goals and team outcomes
- You’re focused on the iterative delivery of high-quality well tested code
- You’re conscious of scalability, re-usability, but also pragmatic when it comes to trade-offs
- You are familiar with Cybersecurity or Networking
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Cybersecurity BE Senior Software Engineer, you need to be:
- Proficient with an OOP based language (Java / Kotlin) preferred
- Proficient with API Design
- Proficient with unit and integration testing
- Familiar with Kubernetes
- Experienced developing fault-tolerant systems from the ground up, including requirements-gathering, architecture design, project breakdown, and execution
- Experienced developing and operating services at scale
Nice to have but not required:
- 6+ years of hands on software development experience
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Our Tech Stack:
Kotlin, Java, GCP, Cypress
We provide the following:
- Salary Range $150,000-$200,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Flex paid time off, the time you need when you need it
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application!