Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
SAIC has an opening for a Lead Cybersecurity Engineer/ISSM in support of the Space Development Agency (SDA) Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture (PWSA) Futures Program (PFP), Ground Segment (GS) Integration (PGI). The goal of the PGI is to provide a common, enduring, ground infrastructure and resources to minimize cost and complexity for PFP space vehicle demonstration and experimentation programs.
This position is Remote with occasional travel to customer sites.
This position requires experience in providing web application security assessments and penetration testing using security tools such as nMap, Burpsuite, SQLMap, etc., as well as being knowledgeable in testing methodologies. The successful candidate must have experience in utilizing cyber security tools, network topologies, software or other intrusion detection methods, and continued protection and monitoring of secured networks. The Lead Cyber Security Engineer will leverage their technical expertise by performing or reviewing technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. As the Lead Cybersecurity Engineer/ISSM the successful candidate will validate and verify system and cloud security requirements definitions and analysis, as well as establish system security designs.
The Lead Cybersecurity Engineer/ISSM will:
· Lead the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of IA and security systems and security components, including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments such as those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection and classification requirements
· Designing IA into systems and software being developed for Ground Entry Points (GEP), Ground Resource Manager (GRM), and the cloud-based architecture
· Collaborating with cloud architects, software engineers, and system engineers to identify and implement the appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of agency security policies and enterprise solutions
· Lead and support the securing of cloud-based computing and development environment
· Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
· Assess and mitigate system and cloud-based security threats and risks throughout the program lifecycle
· Lead and contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, and certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
· Review certification and accreditation documentation and provide feedback on completeness and content compliance
· Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following:
o System security design process
o Cross Domain solutions
o System Integration
o Risk Management Framework (RMF)
o Contingency planning
o Incident handling
o Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process
· Participate in engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
· Supporting the Government client in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
· Recommend system-level solutions to resolve and meet security requirements
· Support the security authorization activities in compliance with the NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST RMF process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering
· Active Top Secret SCI clearance
· Fourteen (14) years or more of ISSM experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or a related discipline. Note that four (4) additional years of ISSM experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
· DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2
· DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.