Senior Cyber Security Engineer
SAIC has a contingent opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join our team in Sterling Heights, MI and Charleston SC in support of U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicle Systems.
This is a remote opportunity.
The Cyber Security Engineer is primarily responsible for planning and building effective computing solutions to increase the security of U.S. Military Wheeled Vehicles. Responsible for the cybersecurity vulnerability assessment, architecture, design, development and integration of complex military combat vehicle hardware and software based systems.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the development and conduct of vulnerability assessments
- Develop vehicle cybersecurity architecture
- Requirements management, analysis and decomposition
- Develop detailed use cases to be used as implementation models. Research, analyze and execute solution strategies to meet customer requirements
- Perform trade studies to compare alternative approaches
- Integration of C5ISR systems
- Develop (decompose and delegate) cybersecurity requirement specs, algorithms, logic flow-charts / activity diagrams, and leverage SysML Modeling and Simulation input
- Architect and oversee the creation of solutions using design tools
- Support prototype development and test
- Support system integration lab development
- Perform analytical analysis and simulations to evaluate system performance
- Component/Vehicle test support
- Troubleshoot issues and perform corrective action
- Support concurrent engineering, SIL integration, procurement and prototype build/integration activities by providing technical assistance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems from an accredited college or university
- Master's degree in any of the preceding disciplines may be substituted for one year of general experience
- Minimum 14 years' experience in the analysis, development and support of embedded computer systems and networks for DOD military ground systems including: A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the development and analysis of real-time embedded systems for security risks; and A minimum of four (4) years' experience in DOD Information Assurance policy and regulatory compliance including Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently. Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with additional concentration as an Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) or Information Assurance Level III (IAT level III)
- And/or Information Assurance Management Level (IAM Level II), with additional certifications in ethical hacker, and experience with software vulnerability tools such as Fortify or NESSUS
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET Clearance
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.