Linux Systems Administrator/DBA
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated IT professionals who will sustain, modernize and transform the enterprise IT capabilities for the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). The National Security & Space Sector of SAIC is seeking a Database Admin Principal to support a transformational infrastructure program for DCSA.
SAIC is proud to be supporting DCSA in safeguarding our nation’s information. DCSA is the designated oversight authority on the accreditation of classified facilities, information systems, and the insider threat program. This involves security oversight of more than 10,000 companies and approximately 13,000 facilities involved in classified work throughout the DoD and 31 Federal agencies.
Specifically on the DCSA One IT program, SAIC will provide an enterprise IT solution that delivers highly secured and adaptable IT infrastructure, provides customer support, and cutting-edge technologies that support operations and advance the DCSA mission under a single IT environment (i.e., One IT).
- Provides systems administration and database management services to support application development and change activities as part of the overall customer's efforts, IAW with customer and DoD policies and procedures and commonly utilized industry best practices.
- Executes the design, development, management, enhancement, optimization, configuration, troubleshooting, testing, and sustainment of data, databases, clusters, and replications for pre-production, productions, and backup.
- Provisions, modifies and manages data and schema, cloning and backup, troubleshooting, account management, enhancement, optimization, and decommissioning.
- Administers databases and incorporates changes to the supporting data models, schema, middleware, data dictionary, presentation and related support software in both development and production environments.
- Performs schema changes and conversions of the production database during application upgrades and new version releases. Performs complete testing for movement from development to production.
- Creates and executes backup and recovery capabilities, as well as disaster recovery/business continuity plans for development and production database environments.
- Provides continuous improvement to databases, including integrating information to facilitate data sharing across applications. Recommends and implements emerging database technologies.
- From a database perspective, supports NISS application platform assessments and courses of action for reporting and metric capabilities and subsequently supports configuring and deploying the capabilities.
- Keeps database environments current through implementation of emerging technologies and performing patches and software upgrades.
- Remains abreast of, implements, and executes processes for complying with Government data and security standards, including current records management policy for retention or archiving of data.
- Ensures all database instances have required security controls applied in accordance with customer policies (e.g., access controls, STIGs, version updates).
- Selects, maintains, and operates database management tools.
- Reviews, tests and recommends database software upgrades, as well as ensures database vendor license agreement compliance.
- Provides scripting to support database content and reporting. monitors, collects, analyzes, and reports database metrics.
- Tracks projects, control code for database scripts, database creation, stored procedures, triggers, functions, and deployments.
- Supports risk management and Risk Register establishment and maintenance from a database perspective.
- Performs daily database operations checks and status reports.
- Develops data dictionaries with meta-data mapping (schema) and contributes to other lifecycle development documentation, as well as issue impact analysis reports and accreditation and RMP documentation.
- Trains users and other administrators, as necessary, and contributes to database administration related knowledge articles for inclusion in the knowledgebase.
- BA/BS with nine (9) years of experience in systems administration and database management.
- Linux administration and MySQL database experience
- Active DOD Secret
- IAT II certification
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.