Model Based Systems Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer with experience in Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security systems to join our team of experts. This role will support an exciting variety of programs and corporate initiatives to provide advanced Engineering, Integration and Logistics capabilities. This position can be worked remotely in the US with occasional travel required.
In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering experiences to grow the Digital Engineering Innovation organization and solution offerings to best support our customers. You will use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, SysML and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Digital Engineering solutions and services for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Digital Engineering platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of digital solutions, and enhance the digital engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Engineering, Integration, and Logistics digital work products.
Bachelors and 5+ years or more of related experience or a Masters and 3+ years or more of related experience.
A successful candidate in this position will bring a record of application of systems engineering and digital engineering/MBSE methods and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary digital engineering solutions across commercial, defense, federal civilian, or national security customer groups. Domain knowledge about defense, space, or information technology will be helpful. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our digital engineering capabilities. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor others on our solutions and standards, as well as support proposals and business development activities. Demonstrated presentation and writing skills are required.
- Intermediate/Advanced experience using enterprise modeling tools (e.g. Rhapsody and Cameo/Magic Draw) to model complex systems using SysML
- Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools (Model Center, Simulia, etc.) and digital engineering lifecycle management tools (DNG, RQM, iRIS, etc.) is a bonus
- Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- OMG Certified System Modeling Professional (OSCMP)
- Experience leading SE teams through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle using Digital Engineering (MBSE
- Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
- Practical experience with IEEE 15288
- INCOSE Certification (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) dependent on experience
- Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment (SAFe)
- Experience or familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
- Broad Model Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, OSLC, internet of things, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, Aras Innovator, STK, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with Phoenix ModelCenter, SIMULIA Process Composer, or similar simulation integration tools
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.