SAIC is looking for a cleared Systems Engineer for providing high quality systems engineering documentation support, design review, cybersecurity support, and test support supporting a Navy SATCOM capability for our DoD customer within Program Executive Office, Command, Control, Computers, Communications, and Intelligence (PEO C4I). This position will work with the Assistant Program Manager (APM) and Lead Engineer (LE) to perform technical writing in the creation of Enterprise Change Requests in accordance with NAVWAR configuration management processes.
Note: This position is primarily remote/work from home/flexwork with periodic onsite support required at the customer site in Old Town-San Diego, CA.
- Support the Navy Multiband Terminal (NMT) program team in developing technical documentation and briefings.
- Coordinate across multiple engineering teams for development of technical documentation.
- Participate in contractor design reviews to include SRR, PDR, CDR and TRR.
- Aid in the development and review of test plans and procedures to include System Operation Verification and Test (SOVT).
- Provide other support to customer as required (e.g. participating in operational testing and exercises).
- Analyze required system capabilities to determine integration requirements and define challenges and develop plans to address requirements.
- Use operational experience and technical expertise to collaborate with the Functional Team Lead for assessing requirements, designing, executing, developing, and integrating technical solutions.
- Interface with various levels of program leadership: project managers, task and functional leaders, and product owner to include vendor and suppliers of goods and/or services needed to keep NMT system functional.
- Create and present briefings.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelor’s and two (2) years’ experience supporting Navy Systems Engineering (SE) processes at Program level. Additional years’ experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) experience using CMPro, and or SPIDER software tools.
- Knowledge of US Navy Satellite systems (SATCOM) and related subsystem components preferred.
- Must have PEO C4I/NAVWAR experience with NAVWAR Configuration Management, engineering processes and tools (i.e. CMPRO, SPIDER).
- US Citizen with an active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and email etiquette.
- Experience with Information Technology Service Management.
- Must be a proactive self-starter, work well independently and with teams in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
- Experience with the DoD Acquisition Life Cycle including experience with Systems Engineering design process/reviews.
- Experience with Integrated Master Schedule inputs.
- Experience with risk management.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.