Network Engineer - SME
The successful candidate is a team player, able to effectively manage their time, willing to learn new technologies, and work with limited supervision. In addition, the qualified candidate will work with other Information Technology team members to ensure continuous network operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides technical, managerial, and administrative direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems within the network infrastructure
- Troubleshoots network performance issues
- Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions
- Provide direct support to other departments regarding network operational issues
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of network infrastructure as required
- Works with all application owners and other IT stakeholders to build and support a scalable, efficient, and stable network
- Research, plan, design, and implement network technologies using industry best practices to ensure network operations meet business and technical requirements
- Assist internal business units in collecting and documenting network requirements
- Assists in developing network policies, procedures, and change management for network operations
- Work with the virtualization group to develop, configure, and manage networking requirements to ensure interoperability between both physical and virtualization environments
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity team
- Design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides innovative solutions
- Must have a minimum of 14 years of related experience as a subject matter expert in architecting complex networks
- Must have experience with Cisco, F5s, Nexus switches, DHCP, DNS, VPN, MPLS, MTIPS, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), routing, switching, and Out-of-Band (OOB) networks, cloud infrastructure, and firewall management
- Must be an expert in routing and switching
- Must posses CCIE a certification
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.