Network Engineer Senior
Network Engineer Senior
The successful candidate is a team player, able to effectively manage their time, willing to learn new technologies, and work with limited supervision. In addition, the qualified candidate will work with other Information Technology team members to ensure continuous network operations.
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Palo Alto firewall, Cisco Firepower VPN, Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNAC). IPV6, CISCO Equipment, Firewalls
- Microsoft technologies, i.e., Active Directory, Windows 200x Server, Windows 10, DNS
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs day-to-day activities required to manage data services, such as network design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex network issues. Provides daily supervision and direction to support staff, to include technical and administrative direction.
- Provide direct support to other departments regarding network operational issues
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of network infrastructure as required
- Works with all application owners and other IT stakeholders to build and support a scalable, efficient, and stable network
- Research, plan, design, and implement network technologies using industry best practices to ensure network operations meet business and technical requirements
- Assist internal business units in collecting and documenting network requirements
- Assists in developing network policies, procedures, and change management for network operations
- Work with the virtualization group to develop, configure, and manage networking requirements to ensure interoperability between both physical and virtualization environments
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity team
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of related experience managing data networks, possessing extensive skills and knowledge in network design, architecture, troubleshooting, and management.
- Solid understanding of Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge of internal and external routing protocols, e.g. EIGRP and BGP, QoS
- Experience converting from IPV4 to IPV6
- Experience with Virtualization networking technologies preferred
- Comprehensive experience troubleshooting network issues that impact user’s productivity
- Understand and support of VoIP services.
- Possess a strong understanding and ability to support interoperability of network and Microsoft technologies, i.e. Active Directory, Windows 200x Server, Windows 10, DNS
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for this position with the ability to work effectively with end-users, IT peers and managers
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
Education / Training:
- Any CISCO training and certification
- Microsoft or other professional training or certifications is helpful
Note: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder who has resided in the U.S. for at least 3 years and
the ability to obtain a public trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.