Cloud Network Engineer
SAIC is seeking an experienced Cloud Network Engineer to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFMS) program. This is a fully remote job opportunity.
Target salary is $100-110k
AFMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations.
As the Cloud Network Engineer you will:
- Maintain Network Topologies within environment.
- Partner with multiple teams utilizing SAFe Agile 6.0 methodologies.
- Perform problem isolation of network through troubleshooting and devising solutions.
- Installing patches and maintain accurate records of network changes and patch/update levels
- Recommend and implement improvements for the environment.
- Ensure compliance of systems through existing standards and procedures.
- Identify gaps in compliance and remediate in a timely manner.
- Recommend, deploy, maintain, and operate systems supporting cloud operations such as automation systems - CI/CD Pipeline, code repositories, management systems.
- Develop software in support of Infrastructure as Code initiatives.
- Bachelor's and five (5) or Masters and three (3) years experience; or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Develop scripts and workflows as needed for automated deployment (IaC/CaC).
- Provide oral and written input to design documents, best practice configurations, and test procedures.
- Recommend improvements to the existing architecture and process to reduce repetitive or time-intensive tasks in favor of automated solutions.
- Provide experienced input on AWWS cloud toolsets and best practices.
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies.
- Must be a US Citizen and actively possess (minimally) an Interim Secret Clearance.
- DoD 8570 certification in IAT Level II certification or above (Security+ CE, CASP+ CE, CISSP, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with: AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, EFS, S3.
- Knowledge of working with DevSecOps tool chains.
- Experience preparing technical documentation.
- AF Cloud One development, engineering, operations and sustainment.
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with AWS, Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, S3, EFS.
- Expert level experience with at least one cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge of implementing Network and Security Constructs via automation in a cloud environment.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.