Accelerate your career and make a difference for national security in Space by helping lead a team of industry professionals and experts that will architect and build a cloud-based software factory in support of Space Development Agency’s Battle Management Command, Control and Communication (BMC3) Program. The system that you and your team will create will establish the capability to securely and rapidly field mission applications developed by BMC3 ecosystem participants for space vehicle platforms in support of Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) objectives. This position will provide you with exposure to advanced security and automation practices, as well as the opportunity to work with highly skilled engineers and architects. Additionally, you will have the chance to mentor junior developers and leverage your leadership abilities.
SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a key technical role on a fast paced highly innovative SDA project with the development of a cloud-based software factory for the BMC3 program. This position is primarily remote.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Work in a remote team environment with software developers, test engineers, and other subject matter experts.
· Under general supervision, responsible for coordinating all major revisions of specialty Program Requirements
· Support the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
· Apply engineering knowledge to support the design, development, and testing of space software and systems of tests.
· Assist with ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards or ensure appropriate deviations/waivers are in place.
· Support is required for BMC3 program. This position provides support in the implementation of mission assurance during the infrastructure & software development and test of the software on nonflight space hardware and in the cloud through independent surveillance, audit, review, and assessment of the full spectrum of development activities. Specified activities include:
· Support activities including reviewing documentation and coordinating and participating in problem and failure reporting/resolution.
· Sign off on compliance with various procedures and requirements documents and ensure approved processes and procedures are used.
· Prepare for (e.g. analyses, presentation materials, and other documentation) and participate in Configuration Control Boards, Failure Review Boards, and design reviews.
· Support project discrepancy board meetings, tracking discrepancy reports, change requests, and action items throughout development and test.
· Support Project milestone reviews, peer reviews, and project reviews, providing documented alignment to requirements and proof of readiness as appropriate.
· Communicate and ensure resolution of all noncompliance issues
· Review key contract deliverables/products and monitor compliance to plan and procedures. Review results/status from the quality audits, corrective actions, and metrics.
· Support monthly reporting to customer, providing additional inputs as needed to assist in customer presentations.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Be a self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision.
· Be pro-active and confident, as well as a team-player who can interface with technical and management personnel.
· Experience in one or more of these areas
Experience with spaceborne electronics design, analysis, and environmental testing
Experience designing tests, analyzing results, and testing space hardware
Experience with microservice based software design and development
Experience with cloud services and applications deployments
Experience with large government software products or tools development
Experience with ConOps, ICD, and other large project system documents
· Experience IBM engineering products (Doors, ETM, ELM)
· One or more of the following
Experience with requirements management, review boards, or test management
Experience with Gitlab or other Software Configuration Management tools’
Experience with Jira and other Atlassian products
· MBSE and DE experience
· Experience with IBM Engineering Test Management or Jazz Suite of tools
· Experience of all phases of testing of space hardware, subsystems, and vehicles.
· Experience of all phases of testing of software development, cloud, or software systems.
· Proficiency in one or more of the programming languages for quantitative analyses (ex. MATLAB, Mathematica, Python, R)
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Something looks off?