Chief Software Systems Engineer
SAIC is seeking a Chief Software Systems Engineer to support a key technical role on our new Air Force Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS) Program. SAIC is developing its joint all-domain command and control capability and supporting several initiatives across DoDSAIC and leading the development on the next generation Joint All-Domain Command and Control (JADC2) for the all Combatant Commands.
This next generation system shall employ the latest advancements across the technology spectrum to include AI/ML and distributed architectures. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading large, complex system of systems design, development and integration projects, cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. This role will require expertise in software (SW) design, development, configuration management, architecture, and large distributed (networked) compute platforms.
Job Duties Include:
- Leads software requirements development, software systems engineering, and oversees development
- Performs system integration of multiple efforts to integrate multiple systems
- Performs systems architecting and engineering activities such as system requirements definition, interface definition, design, interface management, data architecture development, systems integration, performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis, development and refinement of communications concepts of operation, and verification and validation
- Bachelor of Science and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
- Experience with development, integration, and/or operations of DoD systems
- Experience leading systems engineering teams focused on integration of complex systems
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Something looks off?