Senior Network Architect
SAIC is looking for a Senior Network Architect to support the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This person will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities. This person will also prepare the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
Note: This position is fully remote from anywhere in the U.S.
- May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture;
- Providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; additional four (4) years experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience working with network control protocols (i.e. QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP)
- Experience working with network management protocols (i.e. CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP)
- Experience working with security protocols (i.e. SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec)
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, BGP)
- Understanding of WAN/LAN transport technologies to include WAN deployments (i.e. Ethernet, DMVPN, MPLS)
- Must have a current DoD 8570 IAT CASP+ CE OR CISSP
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; Interim Secret required prior to start, SAIC will help to obtain
- Must be a current US Citizen
- IPv6, NSX, F5, and Cloud connectivity experience
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Something looks off?