Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst
With 1,000 employees, over $250M in sales, 1,500+ clients, and rapid year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s most advanced, and largest, intelligence company!
The Role: This entry-level Associate Threat Intelligence Response Analyst position is filling a vital role within Recorded Future’s Managed Services Group by validating, researching, and escalating Intelligence and Security alerts for Recorded Future’s massive client base.
Recorded Future supports information security teams at some of the most ambitious organizations on the planet. Your days will be spent working closely with teammates on alerts as a Research Analyst. Other day-to-day activities include developing new standard operating procedures, tuning rules, and alerts, and interacting with our Triage Analyst Team.
You are passionate about technology, cyber security, and threat intelligence as well as supporting a world-class threat intelligence business.
What you’ll do:
- Perform research and triage on escalated alerts for use cases including phishing and credential harvesting sites, fraudulent website detection, code and data leakage, tracking nation-state and criminal threat actors, social media monitoring, etc
- Create new Standard Operating Procedures to assist Research and Triage analysts with repeatable daily work
- Partner with the Triage Analyst Team to support triage and analysis efforts prior to client incident escalations
- Cover Research Analyst Shift Hours consisting of:
- 9am - 5pm local time
- Must be willing to work a Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday shift.
What you’ll bring:
- Limited experience of threat intelligence, incident response, or security monitoring
- Basic understanding of open source intelligence and response techniques pertaining to phishing and credential harvesting attacks, domain and web infrastructure monitoring, social media monitoring, dark web monitoring, malware delivery techniques, threat actor, and TTP Profiling
- Basic understanding of security and network fundamentals such as DNS, Email, Website Infrastructure, Email, HTTP, etc.
- Ability to think and learn fast, self-starter, work well with others
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 40 nationalities and embody our core values of having high standards, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.8-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things you’d rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: What’s happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recognition: Check out our awards and announcements
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.