Senior Systems Engineer
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Can work remotely, but ideally close to any QinetiQ site
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanet
Role ID: SF15285
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as a Senior Systems Engineer; the systems engineering team who deliver critical capability to test, trial and evaluate MOD Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (OME).
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will lead the through-life technical delivery and systems engineering activity for projects or work packages. You will largely work on projects that draw on existing technical expertise, whilst broadening systems engineering competencies and personal leadership skill sets. As a senior engineer there is scope to develop either deeper Subject Matter Expertise, System or Platform specialism and or Technical leadership and Systems skills.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead the technical delivery of Test and Evaluation Systems projects or major work packages to time, cost and quality, working closely with project manager.
- Deliver systems engineering artefacts through project life; technical proposals, requirements gathering, solution definition, solution implementation, system integration, test, certification, acceptance and transition into service.
- Engage with engineering, operations, range, as well as other appropriate internal (T3E, IT, Property, Procurement) and external stakeholders (MOD, Suppliers) as needed to elicit, develop and refine requirements, lead solution implementation and manage technical risk.
- Tailor lifecycle and engineering governance approach in consultation with Chief Engineer / representative; identifying critical safety and security elements early in lifecycle.
- Lead assurance events, report technical progress and be the project technical point of contact.
This role is full-time and has flexible, adaptive working arrangements. The successful candidate may choose to work remotely, as long as they are within travelling distance of a QinetiQ site; adaptive working is also available, where you may divide your days between the office and working from home - whichever arrangement is suitable.
Essential experience of the Senior Systems Engineer:
- Significant experience within Systems Engineering
- You must have the ability to plan and deliver engineering outputs that include safety-critical and safety-related functions.
Qualifications for the Senior Systems Engineer:
We value difference and we don’t have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance, as a minimum. UKSV National Security Vetting Solution: guidance for applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Adaptive and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave.
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
Our volunteering programme enables our people to use their professional skills to make a positive difference in our local communities, for example STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) ambassador days in schools. We support a number of charities that are important to our people, including those which help the defence community.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please contact your regional recruiting team in strictest confidence. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about adaptive working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an= diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Visit our website to read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
As a company of thousands of dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.