Group 57: Assistant Staff: Cyber Operations Researcher
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Come and help defend the nation in cyberspace! In the Cyber Operations & Analysis Technology Group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory, we research challenging technical problems in cyber security, develop new technologies, and prototype first-of-a-kind systems. We have particular focus on enabling human operators and improving operational systems, orienting our work toward strong practical impact.
We work across a variety of cutting-edge national-security applications:
- Enhancing the cyber security of critical infrastructure, weapons systems, and other operational technology
- Protecting and defending emerging U.S. systems for conducting command and control (C2) across multiple domains
- Helping the nation’s cyber operators do their jobs better, faster, and at greater scale
- Quantifying risk posed by adversary cyber threats to key national security missions
- Creating new analytics and processing techniques to create timely, actionable insights from cyber data
- Developing techniques to coordinate actions for emerging mission scenarios combining cyber and other mission domains such as air, land, sea, and space
As a diverse and interdisciplinary group, we innovate by drawing insights from computer science, software engineering, data engineering, data science, artificial intelligence/machine learning, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, and allied technical fields. We collaborate with research partners across MIT, offering frequent opportunities to team and learn in new areas. If you want a career in R&D with the opportunity to have real impact on important problems, join us!
At MIT Lincoln Laboratory, our exceptional career opportunities include many outstanding benefits to help you stay healthy, feel supported, and enjoy a fulfilling work-life balance. Benefits offered to employees include:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- MIT-funded pension
- Matching 401K
- Paid leave (including vacation, sick, parental, military, etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
- Mentorship programs
- A range of work-life balance options
- ... and much more!
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 40591