Software and Systems Integration Engineer
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Homeland Protection Systems Group works with US government agencies and military partners to develop, assess, and rapidly transition advanced systems in support of the Homeland’s strategic interests. The group has deployed novel technology solutions to address security challenges in the national airspace, in urban centers, and at critical infrastructure sites. We specialize in systems integration, systems analysis, and field testing, especially as related to air security operations. Our mission expertise is applied toward developing innovative approaches to architecture design, algorithm and hardware prototyping, and general problem-solving. Our team of scientists, engineers, and technologists develop and employ cutting-edge techniques in exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics, and systems engineering to produce solutions for complex problems in constrained environments. Learn more about what our team does here https://www.ll.mit.edu/r-d/homeland-protection/homeland-protection-systems.
Our group is seeking applicants who have a passion for solving challenging problems. The candidate hired for this position will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team in the analysis, design, and development of complex system architectures. Responsibilities will include the oversight and implementation of large-scale software solutions that interface with various hardware systems. Hands-on team-based experience with a broad software engineering and electronics background are critical. This work will entail the decomposition of loosely defined requirements into executable software tasks and implementation strategies. The candidate should possess a broad skillset including familiarity with multiple programming languages, and a thorough understanding of current software engineering approaches, techniques, and third-party tools. The candidate may be asked to lead small teams and develop project execution plans. We need our team members to be multi-disciplanary, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems that cross technologies as we continue to push homeland defense capabilities forward.
• MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Aeronautical Engineering with 2+ years experience. In lieu of a MS, a BS degree with 5+ years of additional hands-on experience in sofware engineering.
• Substantial experience developing in at least two of following languages: C/C++, Python, Java, or C#.
• Proficiency in object-oriented programming, multithreaded programming, and source code management.
• Ability to quickly learn new technical areas and apply that knowledge effectively to solve challenging mission problems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work well on a team and individually, and set priorities.
Experience in one or more of the following is desired:
• Experience with common DevOps concepts such as continuous build, continuous integration, unit testing frameworks, debuggers, and static and dynamic analysis.
• Experience with adapting and integrating open source and other third-party software.
• Experience with hardware/software integration
• Strong physics background or experience in electronics development.
• Experience with algorithm optimization for real-time systems.
At MIT Lincoln Laboratory, our exceptional career opportunities include many outstanding benefits to help you stay healthy, feel supported, and enjoy a fulfilling work-life balance. Benefits offered to employees include:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- MIT-funded pension
- Matching 401K
- Paid leave (including vacation, sick, parental, military, etc.)
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
- Mentorship programs
- A range of work-life balance options
- ... and much more!
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 40459