Engineering Division - Systems Administrator
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
We create hardware systems that incorporate the Laboratory's advanced technology. The systems we build are used as platforms for testing new concepts, as prototypes for demonstrating new capabilities, and as operational systems for addressing military needs.
The Engineering Division is seeking a talented and motivated IT Systems Administrator to join our team and provide support to the Fabrication Engineering Group. You will work with the researchers and service departments to implement innovative solutions to address challenges of national security. The ideal candidate has experience with Windows Server and Desktop specifications, build, testing, deployment, tuning, security hardening and vulnerability management in a research environment and have a keen eye for trouble-shooting and problem-solving. The IT Systems Administrator plays a crucial role in maintaining and improving our IT infrastructure to ensure seamless operations and support for our engineering team.
Work with research staff, teammates and enterprise IT members throughout the organization to install, configure and maintain computer systems, servers and software used by the Fabrication Engineering Group. Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems; including performance and monitoring back-up recovery processes. Serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues.
- Demonstrated expertise, knowledge and experience with System Administration skills and responsibilities
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues in servers, desktops, networking and storage
- Versed in application installation and IT configuration management
- Knowledge of network connectivity and LAN, WAN protocols and principles
- Implemented and administered service accounts, system documentation, system performance and mass storage allocation
- License server setup, configuration, management and monitoring
- Evaluate and make recommendations for hardware and software purchases
- Experience with VMWare use, management and application
- Excellent communication, coordination and task tracking skills
- Knowledge and experience with cybersecurity tools and dashboards
- Experience configuring and supporting systems in a research test environment
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) / Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Ability to write scripts and/or using configuration management tools to automate repetitive tasks and manage complex deployments
- Experience with cross domain systems (CDS) administration, RDP, SSH
- Knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP/IP, unicast/multicast, network jitter, and TCP optimization
- Experience Interacting with third-party technology vendors and internal database staff
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, CHEF
- Understanding of test lab system configurations and operation activities
- Familiarity with LabView controls for thermal and TVAC test
- Comprehension of test lab software and vendors
- Understanding of macOS operating systems
- Must have a BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or 5 years of related experience
- A strong technical background to include technical training, certifications
- Ideal Candidate will have or be willing to obtain the following certificates:
- Windows Server Administration
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 40377