Technical Staff - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Cyber Defense
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
If you are interested in developing exciting new technologies that enable safe, efficient, and secure transportation for the nation, the Air Traffic Control Systems Group at MIT Lincoln Laboratory may be the place for you.
We work in a wide range of mission areas, including weather sensing and forecasting, climate change mitigation, air traffic management, advanced air mobility, aviation cyber security, and military logistics. Our group brings together experts across multiple disciplines – systems analysis, meteorology, mathematics, computer science, aerospace engineering, human factors, and others – to address challenging and impactful real-world transportation problems. We develop unique and advanced prototype systems, and work closely with the US government, users, industry and academia to integrate cutting-edge systems into operations. Our technologies have been recognized nationally through numerous R&D100 awards, and we are proud to serve the country through our research. We offer a collegial work environment, value teamwork and diversity, and allow for flexible work arrangements.
We are seeking technical staff who can apply data science, artificial intelligence, or machine learning skills to important transportation cybersecurity problems. This position involves leading analytics efforts, leveraging complex data to develop cutting edge analytical algorithms to detect and predict malicious cyber-attacks using various internal network and external data sources. Work will involve modeling and data analysis, algorithm development, systems integration, system design and performance documentation, sponsor engagement and evaluation of systems in simulated and operational environments. Previous experience in the transportation domain is not necessary.
- MS + 5 years experience, or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field of study.
- Demonstrated understanding of data science techniques, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, and statistical methods
- Familiarity with algorithm development environments/languages like python (preferred), or MATLAB.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills and the ability to convey technical concepts in a clear, concise manner to a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Ability to independently research and develop new methods to solve challenging problems of national interest.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with one or several common machine learning, computer vision, or natural language processing toolboxes (PyTorch, Pandas, OpenCV, TensorRT, LibTorch, etc.).
- Experience with software development environments (e.g., Linux, Docker) and best practices and collaboration tools (e.g., github) is a plus.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 40346