Security Services Special Programs Project Manager
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Security Services Department’s overall mission is to identify and counter security threats to the MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s mission of development of game-changing technology in support of National Security, including guarding against compromise by foreign intelligence agencies and insider threats. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where security professionals from a wide range of backgrounds are empowered to solve complex security problems in close collaboration with Laboratory research teams and Government counterparts. Our people are our most important resource, and we encourage a casual and flexible opportunity-filled working environment that is technology-focused. Where mission needs can be met, the Security Services Department encourages flexible schedules and hybrid remote work arrangements.
Who are we?
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) whose mission is research in support of National Security.
- Mission - The Security Services Department’s (SSD) overall mission is to identify and counter security threats to the MIT Lincoln Laboratory’s mission of development of game-changing technology in support of national security, including guarding against compromise by foreign intelligence agencies and insider threats.
- Culture – We foster an inclusive, opportunity-filled environment of empowered team members from diverse backgrounds.
What will you do?
Join a team of security professionals that are driven to solve complex security problems in collaboration with Laboratory research teams from the Cyber Security & Information Sciences Division, and their Government counterparts, across the following industrial security areas:
- Project Management: Manages special security projects and initiatives across the Cyber Security & Information Sciences Division in accordance with project management best practices.
- Sponsor Relationship Management: Develops and maintains relationships with special program sponsors to enable effective execution of special security deliverables.
- Internal Coordination: Serves as special security focal point for Division and Group leadership, providing security advice and counsel, regarding security compliance requirements, effective and efficient implementation of security regulations, and relevant metrics for successful planning and execution of programs.
- Planning: Collaborates with Cyber Security & Information Sciences Division IT Manager and Information Services Department to ensure Division Special Security IT infrastructure meets security compliance requirements, and is sustained accordingly.
How will you grow?
You will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, thrive and belong.
- Leadership: Room to advance on your team or to lead cross-functional projects.
- Growth Opportunities: Potential for lateral and vertical movement.
- Education/Training: Management training, mentorship, in-house and external courses.
- Exposure: Engagement with sponsors, stakeholders, Laboratory leadership and other Departments and Divisions.
- Community: Participation is encouraged for Laboratory social events, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), clubs and study groups, volunteering and community service projects.
What you need/ Requirements:
To work with MITLL, all employees must meet certain basic requirements.
- Security compliance experience: Minimum 5 years of experience as a Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO), Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO), or Program Security Officer (PSO).
- Regulatory compliance experience: The ability to read, understand and apply government regulation, policies and procedure (DoD SAP/SCI Community and Intelligence Community directives and manuals, NISPOM 32 CFR Part 117, applicable ICDs, etc.).
- Cybersecurity knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of the NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), and Intelligence Community Directive 503.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Certifications: The ability to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAM I baseline certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+) within 6 months of hire.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Successfully pass a background check and consent to undergoing a government polygraph examination.
Ideally, you will have:
The Laboratory values experiences from diverse backgrounds and occupations. The most successful candidates will have the following skills and qualifications.
- Project management experience: Experience managing cross-functional projects and PMP certification
- Valued competencies: Interpersonal, organizational, exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills: Familiarity with security management software, such as SIMS and government databases such as DISS (Defense Information Security System). Knowledge of business software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Office, etc.
- Flexibility: Comfortable responding to off-hours emergencies and local/overnight travel as needed (infrequent, but a possibility).
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 40191 #CJ
#CPSO, #ACPSO, #CSSO, #PSO, #SSO, #COMSEC, #TSCO, #SCI, #TS