MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Advanced Technology Division performs research and development on component and subsystem-level technologies which can enable new approaches to DoD systems, and which advance the state-of-the-art for U.S. industry. Our expertise covers a wide front including biology, chemistry, computer science, device physics, integrated circuit design and fabrication, lithography, materials, nanofabrication, optics, optoelectronics, packaging, photonics, quantum information systems, and RF technology. We strive to understand DoD systems and develop technologies "which will make a difference."
Division 8 is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide support services for their growing classified program portfolio. The candidate will have experience in the design of computer system solutions, including provisioning, configuration, and management of Linux, Windows, and Windows Server. They should also have experience in hardening endpoints to meet NIST/RMF/JSIG requirements, and be comfortable using advanced vulnerability remediation techniques. They will interface with vendors to spec, purchase, maintain hardware, licensing, and warranty information for systems, hardware, and software. The Systems Administrator will need to develop creative technical solutions to complex IT problems under general supervision, and must be comfortable working independently while reporting to Program Managers, and IT Management. Make recommendations on hardware, software, and system component purchases as needed. Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the environment including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Perform as a Linux and Windows Systems Administrator on medium to large government programs
- Assist in maintaining the programs VMWare infrastructure
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral formats
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network/software/system engineers, desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and IT management
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts, and modify file permissions and security access lists
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts
- Work under minimal direction, and independently determine and develop approaches to complex IT solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific/technical discipline, and 2+ years of relevant experience OR 5+ years of relevant experience
- Linux and Windows server/workstation administration:
- Experience installing and maintaining OS, development software, and security tools to RMF standards
- Experience patching software using automated tools (WSUS, Yum)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, including ESXi and VCenter configuration), networking, storage, and user access
- Strong understanding of IT security policies and best practices
- Experience with vulnerability management within a collateral environment
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); or must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed to meet mission schedule
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's or higher degree in a STEM-related discipline, a Security+ CE, and 5+ years of experience with RHEL, and Windows server administration in an SCI classified environment
- Experience operating under, and managing systems within RMF information system environments
- Experience with NAS storage device administration
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly used RAID- levels
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Linux and Windows systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
- VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience
- Solid writing skills; use of Wiki pages, and Sharepoint sites for documentation
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
- Up to date Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar security certification
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
To safeguard our health and well-being, MIT Lincoln Laboratory requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reason.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 39877 #CJ