Office of Cybersecurity Intern (Summer 2024)
Office of Cybersecurity Intern (Summer 2024)Springfield, Massachusetts General Job ID R14481
Enterprise Cyber Security (ECS) has over twenty programs in place to identify and manage risk that enables MassMutual to improve cyber resiliency. As an intern in ECS, you will have the opportunity to align to your professional development goals through an immersive on-the-job experience in our Office of Cyber Security. As an intern with the office of cybersecurity, your days may include:
- Supporting company wide cyber security education and awareness initiatives
- Support of overall portfolio of security technologies including company reviews and showcase sessions
- Project management
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies in the cyber security space
- Learn and demonstrate generalist level of understanding of cyber domains and tools
ECS is dedicated to improving cyber resilience at MassMutual through the use of data science driven risk analysis and unconventional security control design. We are building a world class security organization that approaches cyber security in innovative and exciting ways. In ECS, every team member is empowered to drive their personal and professional development goals and explore the cyber security roles that interest them most. The encouraging and accessible leadership team in ECS ensures that each team member has the resources and support necessary to experience a career in cyber security aligned with their skills and ambitions.
As an ECS Office of Cyber Security intern, you will learn how to work methodically in a detail-oriented way to support the cyber security organization. You will get the opportunity to learn about managing the human element of cybersecurity risk. You will learn how to manage the business side of a world class cyber security organization including portfolio management, budget analysis, and talent and education management. You will also get the opportunity to work with early stage companies in the field of cyber security as part of our security technology evaluation process.
The Minimum Qualifications
- At least a rising sophomore enrolled in a four year university/college with at least a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or
- At least a high school diploma and currently completing a cybersecurity certification program
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- A general understanding and interest in a career in business administration or project management
- No cyber security or technical skills are required
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship, both now or in the future
The Ideal Qualifications
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Baseline understanding of common cyber vulnerabilities
- Proficiency with a variety of communications mediums
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Enterprise Cyber Security team and leadership
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve helped millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection, and plan for the future.
Today, we continue to develop meaningful relationships with our customers by building their trust, being knowledge problem solvers and always prioritizing their needs. MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life.
MassMutual was recognized as an Ethisphere 2019 World’s Most Ethical Company, a Top Place to Work in 2019 according to The Boston Globe and named among America’s Best Employers for Diversity according to Forbes 2020. MassMutual ranks No. 84 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge statusMassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.