Cloud Security Engineer
Cloud Security EngineerSpringfield, Massachusetts Technology Job ID R13950
The Cloud Security Engineer will be at the forefront of MassMutual’s expansion into the public cloud, acting as a conduit for identifying and implementing capabilities needed for developing an agile and secure cloud environment. While working as a team, the ideal candidate will be passionate, collaborative, and highly knowledgeable in the cloud security space. You will use your skills to drive continuous innovation in cloud strategy, while instilling confidence and trust through security. This will be accomplished by working with stakeholders, driving strategic use of our cloud security tools, assessing risk, and supplying appropriate recommendations based on business needs.
The Cloud Security team consists of engineers and analysts that share a common vision. This vision is an agile and secure cloud environment that empowers individuals and teams, enabling seamless achievement of objectives. Through user-centric design and proactive security, we strive to foster autonomy and efficiency. By driving continuous innovation, we instill confidence and trust, propelling the business forward in a dynamic digital landscape.
- Provide Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure subject matter expertise when collaborating on the design of secure solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement security controls to provide assurance that our cloud environment meets our company defined standards.
- Lead Cloud Security implementation activities by managing daily tasks, driving behavior changes within the cloud environment, and engaging with senior leaders.
- Explore new technologies, interacting with vendors to ensure the right technology is deployed for the use case being evaluated.
- Provide support and direction for the implementation of our Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) tool, which will include expanding its footprint, ensuring tool health is maintained, and enabling new modules.
- Design and implement secure Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions, with demonstrated understanding of AWS IAM policy design and their interactions with resources.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 7+ years of cumulative experience in cybersecurity engineering, governance, or operations roles with hands on experience in AWS or Azure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering from an accredited college or university.
- One or more Cloud Service Provider certifications: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security Specialty, Azure Security Engineer, or others.
The Ideal Qualifications
- Demonstrated scripting capabilities with modern languages, such as Python.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation, and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with advanced Microsoft Office features for data analysis and presentation of findings.
- Understanding of industry best practices and frameworks that accelerate adoption. Examples include NIST 800-53, PCI, CIS, and CSA CCM frameworks.
- Hands on experience with third party and Cloud Service Provider supplied cloud security tools.
- Ability to design security relevant infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Practical experience with workflow management tools, such as ServiceNow.
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies and familiarity with Confluence and JIRA.
- Demonstrated level of effectiveness in the following MassMutual Core Competencies: Agility, Business Acumen, Communication, Development, Inclusion, Leading Others, and Resilience
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the Cloud Security Team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.