Outreach Program Manager (Cyber)
The Outreach Program Manager is a key component of the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Center (MassCyberCenter). The Center exists to enhance conditions for economic growth through outreach to the cybersecurity ecosystem, while fostering cybersecurity resiliency within the Commonwealth. Only through a vibrant and engaged outward facing connection to cybersecurity stakeholders will the MassCyberCenter be able to strengthen cybersecurity awareness, promote collaboration within the ecosystem, champion innovation and grow the workforce.
The Outreach Program Manager will be fully integrated into all lines of operation within the MassCyberCenter in order to best communicate and engage with the private sector, public sector, academia, research and development organizations, and the citizens of the Commonwealth.
The Outreach Program Manager will work collaboratively with the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative executive and communications teams to provide mutually beneficial public relations and marketing products developed with the core cybersecurity stakeholders in mind. The ideal candidate will bring a strong cybersecurity background with experience with communications or marketing campaigns. Key lines of operation within MassCyberCenter include the Cyber Resilient Massachusetts Working Group, Cybersecurity Training and Education Working Group, annual events such as the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Month, Cybersecurity Forum and the Massachusetts Municipal Cybersecurity Summit, promoting cybersecurity job opportunities across Massachusetts, cybersecurity educational programs, and other cybersecurity-centered events within the Commonwealth.
- Work collaboratively with other Program Managers within the MassCyberCenter to conduct engagement and outreach around the cybersecurity programs, serving as a MassCyberCenter expert on all programs and initiatives.
- Maintain relationships among key Massachusetts cybersecurity stakeholders in order to develop relationships, grow communication partnerships, create informal ‘focus groups’ to gauge the effectiveness of and maximize effectiveness of the Center’s key messages, programs, and outreach activities.
- Assist in long range planning with the Center director and program managers; integrate Outreach actions as required to support program objectives to include communications themes, key messages, product development, and events or activities.
- Work with the MassTech communications team to plan for and manage dedicated Outreach resources such as marketing databases, the Center’s website, the agency’s social media channels, event listings, etc.
- Collaborate with Mass Tech Collaborative communications team to coordinate press and media engagements; support develop thought leadership opportunities such as op-eds, event speaking opportunities, and identify opportunities for media outreach.
- Work with staff to identify, update, and maintain relevant cybersecurity content on the MassCyberCenter website while working with Communications team on strategy and publication.
- Work with communication team and Center program staff to develop events in support of the MassCyberCenter to include such events as the Massachusetts Cybersecurity Forum; includes development of keynote speaking opportunities, discussion sessions, and breakouts targeted at the top cybersecurity stakeholders from the Commonwealth’s leading companies, research institutions, and state government.
- Co-develop content for email campaigns, newsletters, website, marketing materials, presentations and other products to support the MassCyberCenter
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate degree preferred but not required
- Experience: Three years of cybersecurity-related work in the public or private sector; associated marketing, strategic communication, event development, or other public relations-oriented experience is required.
- **Knowledge and abilities:**Excellent verbal and written communications skills across multiple mediums including event materials, web pages, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter) Self-motivated and able to work independently Strong social media skills to professionally promote MassCyberCenter programs Excellent PC skills to include knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and web browsers Excellent collaboration and interpersonal relationship skills Strong program planning, execution, and assessment skills Excellent presentation skills to include the ability to build presentations Collaborative and positive attitude suitable for public service