Cloud Network Services Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
To compliment our small but tightly knit and growing global network engineering team, we are seeking a curious, energetic and technically passionate network services engineer who designs, builds, deploys and maintains complex, high availability network, cloud network, and next generation network security operations. The perfect candidate will excel in engineering and management of a multi-vendor, heterogeneous Cisco, Palo Alto and Infoblox TCP/IP based networking and cloud networking environment. You must be able to master design and deployment of next generation networking technology systems/services and have solid, demonstrable skills in, and understanding of, Cisco and Palo Alto TCP/IP based network and cloud ecosystems. On a daily basis you will be engaged in one or more of these exciting engineering activities:
• Design/Architect, build, deploy and operate high availability next generation network , cloud network and network security compartments
• Deploy, maintain and manage network switch infrastructure (routers, aggregation switches, end-user switches).
• Deploy, maintain and manage Next Generation security platforms (Firewall/IPS) and network security compartments.
• Assure optimized and robust daily network operations for network and cloud network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, WAN/Internet connections, VPN, Cloud network connections and operations)
• On all systems maintain, apply and assure a strong security posture, currency levels and compliance according to IBM Security standards and requirements.
• Monitor, troubleshoot, mitigate and resolve network infrastructure problems and service interruptions
• Apply engineering and operations excellence to deployments, including on proof-of-concept and next generation network and network security installations, while adhering to industry best practices.
• Automate processes and workflows to increase the operational agility of the network engineering operations.
• Analyze data from tools to determine areas of improvement, determine and implement the necessary changes
• Iteratively optimize, improve & enhance existing systems and infrastructure, including implementation of new features and functions
• Collects data, then supplies it to engineering peer teams for analysis and data-driven recommendations and decision making
• Collaborate and maintain strong working relationships with IBM partners, stakeholder, vendors, IBM Cloud and Research Emerging Technology
• Master and utilize various IBM and vendor network utilities
• IP address and subnet management
• Create and provide recurring network reports based on network statistics and analytics
• Network Change, Configuration and Performance Management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3-5 years of demonstrated solid experience in a TCP/IP based Network Engineer/Architecture position with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto Networking, including Cloud.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated success in the design/ architecture of TCP/IP, Cisco and Palo Alto based networks and cloud networks, leading to deployment.
• 3-5 years’ experience Implementing and deploying Cisco, Infoblox & Palo Alto based network and security compartments (switches, routers, firewalls/IPS, VPN’s, IPSEC, SSL, IKev2)
• Skilled in Network Security operations, including configuration and deployment of Cisco and Palo Alto based firewall and IPS systems (Cisco ASA, Cisco Next Generation Firepower, Palo Alto Next Generation)
• Experience with network routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, MLPS
• Experience with Unix/Linux administration and with scripting/coding.
• Experience with network automation and building/deploying network automation solutions, with a focus on Cisco technology (RestAPI, Ansible, JSON, Jenkins)
• Experience programming with a focus on python, Go Language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Network, Cloud Network Engineering, Computer Science or related program
• CCIE certification
• 5-7 years of demonstrated solid experience in a TCP/IP based Network Engineer/Architecture position with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto Networking, including Cloud.
• 5-7 years of demonstrated success in the design/ architecture of TCP/IP, Cisco and Palo Alto based networks an cloud networks, leading to deployment
• 5-7 years experience Implementing and deploying Cisco, Infoblox & Palo Alto based network and security compartments (switches, routers, firewalls/IPS, VPN’s, IPSEC, SSL, IKev2)
• 2-3 years of experience deploying IBM cloud networking systems and architectures.
• 2-3 years experience working with Infoblox Appliances
• 2-3 years experience working with Cisco based network service and authentication platforms (PRIME, ISE).
• 2-3 years Experience using Ansible and building/deploying network automation solutions
• 3 years Experience successfully collaborating across a diverse group of world wide, remote teams
• Experience with software-defined networks will be a plus