Security Brand Sales Specialist- Midwest
A Technology Sales Specialist role (what we internally call a, ‘Brand Sales Specialist’) within IBM Security means providing industry-leading solutions to help our clients face into the challenges of cloud security, advanced threats, compliance and privacy, and mobile and remote security. It also ensures you’re continuously developing – personally and professionally – to stay at the forefront of industry trends, and remaining as the trusted advisor our clients’ success depend on.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you’ll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators – always willing to help and be helped – as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM’s products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Client-Value Communication: Managing a dedicated client set to effectively communicate the unique value of IBM’s technology.
- Solution-Selling Expertise: Leveraging solution-selling skills to engage decision makers, qualify opportunities, and establish lasting partnerships.
- End-to-End Sales Leadership: Overseeing the complete sales process, from RFI/RFP responses to meeting KPIs, with a focus on acquiring new business and expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborative Sales Ecosystem: Collaborating with the broader IBM sales ecosystem, including Marketing, Sales, technical teams, and Business Partners, to develop sales campaigns and drive pipeline growth.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Consultative Selling Experience: Focus on Cybersecurity Solutions that include enterprise software
- Business Acumen Application: The ability to apply business and commercial acumen to effectively communicate the operational and financial benefits of technology solutions at all levels.
- Engaging Communication: Strong communication and presentation skills that are engaging, compelling, and influential.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Tech Sales Success: A successful history in technology sales, with a focus on acquiring new clients.
- Business Value-proposition Development: Demonstrated success in collaborative development of compelling financial business cases to support sales strategies
- Business Partner Channel Management: Experience with managing relationships with Clients, and the Business Partners that support OEM Solutions.