Senior Security Architect (Washington, D.C.)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you a security guru who loves a challenge? We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Security Solution Architect to join our US Federal Cybersecurity team. Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and cognitive capabilities to combat cybersecurity threats. This is more than just a job. If you want to help protect the world’s cyber infrastructure and transform the security industry, we want to hear from you.
As a Security Solution Architect, you will be asked to leverage your cybersecurity skills along with your deep understanding of how various IT systems and security solutions must integrate for effective operational performance. You will help solve complex business problems by interfacing directly with clients and colleagues to understand challenges and design technical approaches to solving business and security problems. You will support business development efforts by articulating vision and design concepts for proposal development. You have the knowledge to create, review, and validate security architectures to meet our client’s mission requirements. This role is dynamic, allowing you to work with clients, proposal teams, project teams, and capability offering teams to develop or validate system architectures against Federal and client security requirements. You will bring an agile approach and can break complex problems into simple solutions. You can effectively articulate technology architectures to business leaders with an executive-level pitch. You enjoy getting hands on latest technology and map to business outcomes.
- Work with business leaders, technology architects, solution designers, and vendors to design cloud security solutions that meet the business needs of the enterprise.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for the organization to drive end-to-end cloud security architecture. Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Create security reference architectures for the public cloud and hybrid cloud initiatives.
- Analyze and design cloud application deployments and security strategy and processes.
- Use your expertise to back decisions with research and the “why”, articulate available options, with pros and cons and make sound recommendations.
- Understand how your skills align to delivering cybersecurity concepts, services and products to meet enterprise security requirements.
- Drive the security conversation and assist customers by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers security model, and providing appropriate recommendations to secure their workloads.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Extensive experience in US Federal security frameworks (e.g.FISMA, FedRAMP, RMF, NIST 800-53 required).
- Experience with large scale and complex system integrations, cloud security, and zero trust architectures required.
- Experience articulating design concepts in writing, supporting proposals and presentations.
- Proven track record of developing systems architectures that meet or exceed US Federal requirements.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance (Secret or higher).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expertise with industry-specific compliance frameworks such as: PCI-DSS, HIPPA, FISMA, SOC, FedRAMP
- CISSP/CISM Certified or equivalent cybersecurity credential
- Experience in security capabilities on Public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google etc.)