Lead Network Engineer
Hologic, Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood and to aid in biomedical research. Hologic is also a leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of medical imaging systems and biopsy devices as well as surgical and treatment products, with an emphasis on serving the healthcare needs of women. Our business is dedicated to impacting the lives of people across the globe through the early detection of disease, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatments.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Bright people, working together to pioneer advances in human health care, have created Hologic's success. Our company believes that people are our greatest asset and only by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining the most talented employees can we continue to be successful. Our work atmosphere is stimulating, innovative and customer focused. We provide employees with state-of-the art tools and technology, a collaborative and passionate work environment and the ability to make a dramatic difference in the world of healthcare.
We are rapidly growing and yet we have never been more focused – on our people, on our growth, on our future.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide primary advanced technical support and guidance for the company as it pertains to Network Engineering
- Develop strong working relationships with various leadership teams across business and IT to identify, prioritize work (including problem resolution and project planning/execution).
- Enhance policies and procedures as applicable (for example: runbooks, service level objectives and incident management response); ensure approach, processes, and procedures are aligned; lead knowledge management transfer across critical teams and backups. Ensure periodic reviews to documentation and topology diagrams to stay current.
- Maintain network security to ensure protection of corporate data and network access
- Track, manage, communicate, and complete assigned projects on time and within budget
- Install, maintain, and support all LAN and WAN data communication equipment
- Install, maintain, support network monitoring/management software
- Mentor junior level engineers
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Extensive knowledge of advanced data communication principles and hardware including routers, switches, cabling, firewalls.
- 10+ yrs. experience with design, implementation and maintenance networks using Cisco Routers and Switches (Nexus 9/7/5/2k, Catalyst 3850/4500/9300)
- 7+ yrs. experience with BGP, OSPF routing protocols.
- 5+ yrs. experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Meraki, Aruba Wireless, Aruba ClearPass
- 3+ yrs. experience with cloud network (Azure preferred), VXLAN (MP-BGP EVPN) spine-leaf architecture.
- 1+ yrs. experience with network monitoring/management systems (SolarWinds, Panorama, Airwave, Splunk)
- Some knowledge of Python, Perl, and Ansible preferred.
- Partner & Collaborate Effectively: Listen to and value others’ thoughts and ideas. Demonstrate effective partnership both within and outside your team. Achieve results with and through others.
- Support Learning & Growth: Demonstrate self-awareness, humility, and curiosity in service of self-development. Provide regular coaching and feedback that will inspire growth and improvement in others.
- Knowledge of all computer hardware and software including Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to participate in on-call rotation.
- Must be able to work after hours/some weekends to do network maintenance and support EMEA and APAC Hologic’s locations.
- Domestic and International travel, up to 10%
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or 10+ years equivalent work experience.
- Cisco and/or Palo Alto certifications related to networking technologies.
The annualized base salary range for this role is $101,600 to $169,300 and is bonus eligible. Final compensation packages will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, geography, education, business needs and market demand.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.