Lead DevOps Engineer
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of DallasWe are dedicated to serving the public by promoting a strong financial system and a healthy economy for all. These efforts take a team of dedicated individuals doing many different jobs. Together we’re creating a workplace where talented people can thrive, and we welcome your unique background and perspective to help present the best possible solutions for our partners.
The Engineer works under the guidance of senior team members, operating under a clear framework of accountability with substantial autonomy. The successful candidate will develop a strong domain knowledge of the relevant business areas, managing key responsibilities.
- Design, deploy, and manage AWS infrastructure using best practices for scalability, availability, security, cost optimization, and operational excellence.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines to facilitate smooth and efficient automated application deployment.
- Implement infrastructure-as-code using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Collaborate with development teams to integrate automated testing into the CI/CD process.
- Create and execute test automation scripts to validate application functionality and performance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure and application issues, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Continuously improve and optimize the AWS infrastructure and deployment processes.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably with a focus on AWS.
- AWS certifications, such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Proficiency in designing and managing AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, Redshift, AWS glue, DMS etc.,
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tools like Jenkins, GitLab, or AWS Code Pipeline
- Knowledge of security best practices in AWS environments.
- Expertise in test automation frameworks and tools such as Selenium, JUnit, or Cypress
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Familiarity with scripting languages like Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Strong customer focus and business acumen
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by prior experience
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Capable of adapting to changing requirements and responsibilities
- Other skills: problem solving, analysis, excellent communication skills
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
Paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer hours, flexible work environment
Generously subsidized public transportation and free parking
Annual tuition reimbursement
Professional development programs, training and conferences
This role allows for the employee to work in a hybrid manner with some work conducted onsite at the Federal Reserve work location and some work conducted remotely. For this specific role, 3 days per week of work can be conducted remotely. Specific schedule details will be discussed during the recruitment process.
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please notify your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.