Senior Systems Development Engineer
PowerFlex Escalation Engineer
Our Escalation Engineering team ensures that our hyperconverged infrastructure customers have the software systems they need for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we bridge the gap between customer support, field services and software developers to identify software systems modifications as well as enhancements of new products. We understand and troubleshoot complex software systems when our customers and internal users exceed the expected bounds of operations. We can identify areas for enhancement and improvement and represent the needs of the customer in the software development lifecycle and planning process.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as an Escalation Engineer on our PowerFlex Escalation Engineering team in India.
What you’ll achieve
As a PowerFlex Escalation Engineer, you will have a deep technical understanding of the PowerFlex Ecosystem and be responsible for troubleshooting complex software issues escalated from customer support, identify areas for software improvement and drive requirements into the software lifecycle planning. You will work with the Customer Experience Engineering team as an Escalation Engineer for PowerFlex.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and system interoperability issues to determine root cause and resolve customer issues
- Communicate verbally and in written form to provide detailed explanations to customers and internal stakeholders to explain complex concepts in simple language
- Collaborate with Software Development and Product Management to identify areas for improvement and influence prioritization from the customer perspective
- Develop and deliver internal training sessions
- Prepare technical documents used internally and externally to provide both summary and detailed technical information other teams require to complete projects and tasks
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Self-motivated individual that can work well collaborating with team members in a remote work environment with a curiosity and drive for independent learning
- Bachelor’s degree, 5 -8 years of experience in Solutions Architecture, Technical Support or Escalation Engineering
- Advanced understanding of dedicated storage systems, system architectures and experience with hyperconverged infrastructure technology
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software interactions, troubleshooting multiple operating systems primarily focused on Linux and VMware and ability to apply this understanding to perform advanced troubleshooting and resolve issues
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 networks and the ability to isolate, diagnose and troubleshoot TCP/IP communication
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and OpenStack and Public Cloud providers
- Understanding of software development methodologies and tools
- Layer 3 networking experience (route/switch)
Who we are
We believe that each of us has the power to make an impact. That’s why we put our team members at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career with some of the best minds and most advanced tech in the industry, we’re looking for you.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps individuals and organizations transform how they work, live and play. Join us to build a future that works for everyone because Progress Takes All of Us.