Director of Cyber Range Programs
Cyber Range Program Director
CyberTrust has just launched its Cyber Range program, providing cyber students statewide with low-cost access to an advanced, hands-on cyber range platform, with an extensive library of training modules and a “live fire” environment. Corporate members will also have access to the Cyber Range for professional development.
Our new Program Director will drive the success of this statewide initiative—ensuring it reaches the broadest possible audience, with a wide range of innovative activities that elevate the skillset of students and professionals and create excitement around cyber careers. This challenging senior leadership role will leverage and orchestrate the efforts of many colleges and companies to do things that have never been done before.
This program is well resourced, with strong stakeholder interest. The role is externally facing, with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. Location is Massachusetts (remote), with in-person, in-state engagements 2-4 times per week.
- Driving innovative programs around the Cyber Range platform to reach college, adult learner, corporate and local government audiences.
- Working with colleges to ensure they are using the full capabilities of the platform, providing support and clearing obstacles as needed.
- Ensuring the sustainable financial health of the cyber range program, finding the most cost-effective ways to reach audiences with targeted programs, effectively investing available funds and tapping into new revenue sources to offset costs.
- Selecting and managing vendors, negotiating contracts, and establishing user terms and agreements for colleges and enterprises.
- Communicating with and serving as a point of contact for internal and external partners, including students, faculty, and program participants.
- Assembling progress metrics & accomplishments for internal and external use, such as scorecards, roadmaps and Range highlights
- Leading periodic Business Review meetings with CyberTrust member colleges.
Experience and Qualifications
- 10 years' work experience, with 5 years in cyber technology or operations (must have)
- Managing customer relationships (must have)
- Project or team leadership (must have)
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives (preferred)
- BS/BA degree in a technical discipline (preferred)
- Planning or delivering training programs (a plus)
- Solving complex problems: technical/product, financial, people/organizational issues.
- Strategy development
- Mission driven—motivated to create positive change
- Passionate about advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- “Cyber enthusiast”—deep interest and curiosity about the field
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Risk-taker; comfortable working without a playbook
- Learning and growth mindset
CyberTrust Massachusetts is a new non-profit committed to growing and diversifying the cyber workforce, creating opportunities and securing local entities. Leveraging state and federal startup funding, CyberTrust enhances cyber education programs with hands-on experiential learning—using a state-of-the-art Cyber Range, and placing students in a live SOC that also serves local governments, nonprofits and small businesses. To collaborate on this ambitious agenda, CyberTrust is forming a consortium of committed companies and colleges—anchored in community colleges and state universities, where programs can best reach underrepresented groups.