Incident Response Engineer
About the Company
Cybereason is on a mission to reverse the adversary advantage by empowering defenders with ingenuity and technology to end cyber attacks.
We have the technology, and now we are looking to expand our talent! - Come and talk to us about joining a market leader and a diverse team of passionate people who win as one, ensuring a customer-first approach is core to everything we do and never giving up on reversing the adversary advantage.
Incident Response Engineer
The Cybereason Incident Response Team is hiring talented and motivated engineers and innovators eager to participate in the development of our advanced suite of high-end response tools and services. Focusing on building and supporting the innovative and industry-leading capabilities being actively deployed and explored by the Cybereason Nocturnus IR team, this is a role for those who are passionate about pushing the industry forward and raising the bar for Incident Response.
The Cybereason Nocturnus IR team technical and operations stack embodies the principles of SecDevOps and rapid development, building firmly from practitioner-led experience of overcoming real-world challenges facing Incident Responders. This role requires experience of both IR investigations/digital forensics, and DevOps implementation and process development.
What you will do:
- Expand and optimize the service-oriented architecture of the Cybereason IR platform to deliver highly robust, scalable, and repeatable analysis techniques to front-line incident responders for a variety of workflows and engagement types
- Innovate new capabilities and technology integrations such as bleeding-edge data science and threat intelligence approaches using the Cybereason graph.
- Conduct research into forensic artifacts, behavioural analysis and threat hunting techniques and implement them in the Cybereason IR investigations platform
- Support and maintain the DevOps backbone of infrastructure and development platforms that underpin the delivery and technical operations processes in Nocturnus IR.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 8 years of Incident Response or comparable industry experience (threat hunting, threat detection and response, malware analysis, etc)
- Knowledge and experience of:
- at least one scripting or development language (ideally Python and Golang)
- Cloud-native CI/CD platforms (such as Google Kubernetes Engine, Amazon EKS, or Oracle OKE)
- Remote Incident Response and forensic toolkits, such as GRR, Osquery, and Velociraptor
- Forensic Investigations of at least one major OS family (Windows, Mac OS, *nix)
...and at least two of the following:
- Digital forensics (disk and memory collection & analysis)
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Threat Hunting with EDR
- Data Science with Jupyter, Pandas, etc
- Threat Intelligence and adversary tracking
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks
Cybereason is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For California Residents: Please View our CCPA Compliance Notice:
More About Cybereason:
Our culture and how we operate reflects in our shared values. Our #Defenders are individuals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds who are driven to innovate and scale with our growing organization. We are a team that strives to learn from each other, solve challenging problems, and work collaboratively toward our goal of reversing the adversary advantage.
- Win As One: The power of an individual is less than the power of a team.
- Ever Evolving: Change keeps us at the forefront, so we encourage it.
- Daring: To achieve the impossible, we must dare to be different.
- Obsessed with Customers: We believe gaining our customers’ trust is the most important part of what we do.
- Never Give Up: We are tenacious and resilient, and we never stop.
- UbU: We believe people can only unlock their full potential when they work somewhere that accepts who they are.
If these values resonate with you and our vision excites you, join us today and help us end cyber attacks from the endpoint to everywhere! #Defenders
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Cybereason we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace (#uBu), so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.