Sr Software Engineer TD&R-REMOTE
Your challenge As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on groundbreaking technology of Security Solutions and assist in building the next generation of Cloud-Native Process Orchestration and Automation. This product uses the latest in advanced design, technologies, and processes but delivers similar functionality as Cisco Process Orchestrator used in Cisco solutions and running at many large Cisco customers. You'll be collaborating closely with the product managers, leaders, and other software engineering teams to influence product features and direction. ** About you**
- You have experience in developing flexible, scalable, and easy to use REST APIs
- Back-end developer with front-end experience: GoLang/ReactJS
- Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns, and threads
- Teammate with good analytical and communication skills. Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Familiar with development trends such as frameworks, libraries, and design approaches
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency in one or more languages such as Java or GoLang
- Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Cloud (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
- Have configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- You thrive in a fast-paced and agile-style working environments
- You're excited to work on an extended team and thrilled to collaborate with others
The experience you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge and experience with Java, J2EE, GoLang, REST architecture, REST APIS, SOA, Webservices
- Familiar with Microservices Containers High-Availability concepts, Unix/Linux/Windows OS AMQP, Middleware Database - MongoDB, NoSQL DB
- Bonus points: If you have a background in analytics and data collection/analysis, Workflow automation VMWare vSphere/ESXi, vCenter, Openstack, UI Frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss, Jenkins, Git, Ant, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Rally, or Jira
Our team We have a dynamic environment that encourages employees to build, honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results-driven, and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles.
Our teams provide a friendly work-from-home culture. Working in a hybrid model offers our employees and teams more autonomy and choice in how and where they do their work.
You can read more about our global benefits and perks here:
Why Cisco #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.