Sr. Systems Administrator
Cambridge Health Alliance
Date Posted: 11/15/2023
Requisition Number: 6367
Location: Commerce Place
Work Days: 8-5, On-Call
Category: Information Technology
Department: IT Client Services
Job Type: Full time
Work Shift: Day
Union Name: Non Union
The Sr. Systems Administrator is responsible for selection and/development, implementation and support of Enterprise-level Systems Technologies at CHA. The incumbent provides technical guidance and direction in defining the technology architecture for systems and applications. The incumbent is responsible for balancing an understanding of key business drivers and leveraging technology and the systems required to maintain and enhance administrative and clinical operations.
- Works in a highly collaborative manner with other senior staff and IT managers in outlining technical strategy for selection and implementation of new systems.
- Serves as a senior technical authority on server, operating system, storage and desktop architectures.
- Works closely with the Sr. Directors and Managers in the Epic, Applications and Telecom/Network groups, and other senior technical staff to ensure seamless integration and support of those products.
- Champions the establishment of technical direction, corporate approach and methodologies for the use of specified technology.
- Develops technical proposals describing high-level technical architecture and solutions.
- Implements the chosen technical solution. They analyze new technologies and runs competitive analyses.
- Helps set priorities for R&D and product implementation.
- Promotes the interfacing and control of the organization’s current technology and the dissemination of technological information throughout the organization.
- An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience is preferred. Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required.
- Recent Certifications or equivalent experience in 2 or more of the following: Microsoft Server OS, Linux (RHEL preferred), Google Cloud Platform, Google G-Suite, Hypervisor (Citrix XenServer preferred), scripting/programming language. HPE Synergy, HPE OneView.
- 10 + years of systems administrator responsibility in an enterprise mission critical environment
- Demonstrated project management and vendor management experience
- Mastery of the following network server operating systems required: Linux, Windows Server.
- Advanced scripting/programming in at least two of the following languages is required: Bash Shell, Perl, Python, VB Script, Visual Basic, C++, Microsoft .NET.
- Strong knowledge of operating system security concepts and auditing/monitoring of systems is required.
- In depth knowledge of specialized blade server hardware platforms like HPE Synergy etc...
- Mastery of HPE OneView.
- SAN Experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the following applications/databases preferred: DBMS’ (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, Intersystems Caché, LDAP, etc...)
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, AntiVirus tools, CommVault Backup etc...
- Demonstrated experience with the successful implementation and maintenance of enterprise systems (servers, storage, etc.)
- Mastery of one or more hypervisors (Citrix XenServer, VMware ESXi etc..) in a production environment.
- Experiencing managing a large Enterprise G-Suite environment.
- Experience with building/migrating maintaining server and serverless infrastructure in GCP.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and Containers
- Experience with WhatsUp Gold Server/Application monitoring.
- Familiarity with an SIEM tool, Splunk preferred.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career development. Furthermore, we will not tolerate the use of discriminatory slurs, or other remarks, jokes or conduct, that in the judgment of CHA, encourage or permit an offensive or hostile work environment.
Cambridge Health Alliance brings Care to the People - including your neighbors, friends and family. Our local hospitals and care centers serve our vibrant, diverse communities, and play an integral role in improving health. As passionate advocates for the underserved, we actively partner with our communities to take on challenging public health issues, and conduct important research to help reduce barriers to care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high quality, convenient health care. This is why our employees believe in where they work and why many build long, rewarding careers at CHA.
Healthcare is changing rapidly. CHA has a strategic plan that charts a proactive course for our future. It is built on a vision of equity and excellence for everyone, every time. It also recognizes that our workforce is our most valuable asset and prioritizes competitive salaries, benefits and professional development opportunities for employees. The strategic plan is changing the way we provide care and improving the health and experience of our patients; we are looking for smart, committed, compassionate people who want to be part of making our vision of better health and equity a reality.
At CHA, you can believe in where you work and go home every day knowing you made a difference. Join our team and help us bring Care to the People.