Firmware Engineer, CEDE Systems Group
You know the moment. It's the first notes of that song you love, the intro to your favorite movie, or simply the sound of someone you love saying "hello". It's in these moments that sound matters most. At Bose, we believe sound is the most powerful force on earth. We've dedicated ourselves to improving it for nearly 60 years. And we're passionate down to our bones about making whatever you're listening to a little more magical.
About the Team
- Welcome to one of the most exciting teams at Bose, the Consumer Audio team. On this team you will support some of our latest and greatest technological advancements.
- As a member you will, Assist in the architecting, design, and building of custom and off the-shelf electronics in support of high-performance consumer electronic products.
- You will also, Support Development projects as an individual contributor. Focus will be on next-generation technologies, strategies, platforms, products, features, capabilities, and experiences. Also, support as-needed, the current architectures in products.
- Assist in the design and test of embedded platforms that incorporate power management, Bluetooth devices, WiFi, digital signal processing, ML, sensing and controls for consumer electronic products.
- Use, support and customize platform specific tools, scripts, and coding environments.
- Assist in specifying and/or authoring evaluation and prototype firmware for our platforms which include DSP, NPU’s, microcontrollers and custom IC’s.
- Participate as a member of a product development team, from time to time, in support of introducing a new platform or technology.
- Interact with engineers from various disciplines in the use and application of technologies.
- Collaborate with DSP, ML, and firmware/software engineers in the creation of these platforms.
- Developing FW for embedded systems such as microcontrollers, DSPs, NPU’s, mixed signal devices, and RF connectivity devices.
- Developing in real time RTOS environments such as FreeRTOS or realtime extensions of LINUX.
- Electrical analog/digital/system hardware design fundamentals, including single and multi-processor systems.
- Some hands-on, cross-discipline experience is a plus.
- Experience, with bench-level debugging of complex electrical systems incorporating embedded code.
- 3 plus years of embedded engineering experience
- Knowledge of inter-device communication protocols such as USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi, I2C, I3C, I2S, TDM, PCM, PDM, SPI, and MIPI.
- Experience with schematic entry and directing PCB layout.
- Experience working in cross functional groups.
- Experience with audio, DSP, and wireless systems.
- Experience in creating firmware code for embedded devices including writing diagnostics code in C, Python, assembly, or auto-code generating environments.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to concisely explain technical issues.
- Experience with architecting deeply embedded code.
- Experience with RF devices specifically WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Experience with specifying and supporting manufacturing test.
- BSEE/BSCS/BSCE with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
Our goal is to create an atmosphere where every candidate feels supported and empowered in the interviewing process. Diversity and inclusion are integral to our success, and we believe that providing reasonable accommodation is not only a legal obligation but also a fundamental aspect of our commitment to being an employer of choice. We recognize that individuals may have different needs and requirements based on their abilities, and we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure ideal conditions are met during the application process.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org