Technical Lead - Product Systems Engineer
At Bose, we’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—in their homes, in automobiles, in airplanes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Our legendary Wave® music system, SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth speaker, or QuietComfort® acoustic noise cancelling headphones may ring a bell with you. Bose relies on outstanding people to build and deliver those products to our customers.
As a Technical Lead – Product Systems Engineer for the Partnership team – a new business vertical, you’ll lead product development activities and serve as the main technical point of contact. This is a high-impact role for an experienced Engineer to lead the design of new Bose products working with Engineers across Bose and external partners.
The Technical Lead – Product Systems Engineer will develop products that contain a high degree of system complexity while leading cross-functional engineering teams and interfacing directly with technology partners to design products meeting customer needs, development cost targets, and safety/regulatory requirements. The candidate must have product development experience in at least one of the following fields: consumer electronics, automotive, defense industry, medical device, or a related industry.
You will lead the execution of product development engineering plans. In conjunction with program management, you’ll coordinate work streams across internal and external engineering teams. You’ll proactively identify engineering issues/risks and drive resolution by coordinating engineering teams, program management, and product management. You’ll assess and establish feasibility of plans by working with senior engineers. The role offers a unique opportunity to do the most impactful work of your career. If the prospect of making a positive tangible impact on millions of people excites you, and you enjoy working on teams with other really smart people, then we want to meet you.
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience in the firmware, DSP, and algorithm development areas (Audio algorithm development a huge plus)
- At least 2 years of leading successful cross-functional engineering teams working on projects involving initial development through product launch.
- B.S. degree in Software, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to run a highly technical team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
- Proven track record of systems engineering for sophisticated electronics devices.
- Technical problem-solving skills that combine evidence with intuition
- History of clearly defined engineering deliverables being completed on time, within budget, and product-cost targets while meeting internal and regulatory requirements.
- Led partners in direct cost estimation for early concepts.
- Communication: You can distill numerous and complex ideas down to simple messages. A consistent track record driving cohesion and collaboration among many different people and functions. You know how to empower and influence others.
- Ability to ensure the development process and supporting documentation follow internal and Partner requirements.